I arrived in Fort Worth today made it to the hotel and quickly hopped on the shuttle to go to the Convention Center to see what there was to see.
I forgot my camera at home, so don’t plan on any picture 😦 I was pretty bummed about that, but am getting over it. A few takeaways from todays events.
- Opening worship was a very good experience – I really felt God’s Spirit at times.
- Although moving at times, there are many changes to the flow of the opening worship service that would likely take place if it were at Resurrection.
- Rules matter.
- There was a strong theme of unity throughout all of the worship – songs, liturgy and prayers.
- It will be a long conference – I am tired today and I have not had near the preparation as a delegate nor will I be here as long as the delegates.
- God is good and at work in the denomination.
- Business sessions are more fun if you can make commentary on the goings on from the mezzanine.