We were able to spend some dedicated time with Terry Storch while we were at LifeChurch.tv and I wanted to share what amounts to notes from a brain dump / Q and A time with him. Good stuff.
- Don’t look at spending a lot of time for a final release incorporating all the features
- Look at getting the 40% that you want to nail done right. Then work at getting the next version with the next set of features.
- If you try to build it all in the first place it is likely that you will get:
- 40% right on
- 30% not what you wanted at all or is actually useless
- 30% is average functionality
- It may be easier to do something offline or physically than it is to do it technologically
- Downloading a PDF, adding a check and sending it in the mail may be the best option over an online solution
- You can’t solve every problem by throwing better technology at it.
- Part of his role is to bring altitude and perspective to the particular ministry area
- Is this really a problem worth trying to solve?
- What is the problem that you are really trying to solve?
- How much time is it really going to take?
- You may end up saying no because it is not worth the time and effort.