Currently within the United Methodist Church many persons are taking action toward renewal. Together these actions create a movement of change.
I have five invitations for you along with links to specific posts which provide additional about each one. I invite you to:
- Join other young United Methodist leaders in 40 days of prayer beginning on May 18 and concluding on June 26, 2009
- Reserve space at your Annual Conference and use it to share a vision for the future – both for young leaders and the annual conference
- Use common tags in social media when considering issues related to the denomination or young leaders.
- Articulate common themes and share stories of vision and action that are producing fruit in God’s kingdom.
- Email me (andrew dot conard at cor dot org) with “UMC Young Clergy” in the subject line if any or all of these are true:
- You would be willing and able to travel to a national gathering of young clergy in October 2009 with the purpose of clarifying common themes of the movement that is forming
- There is a young clergy organization or movement within your annual conference.
- You would be willing to create and lead a young clergy organization or movement in an annual conference where one does not currently exist.
If you would like to share a hard copy of these invitations you can access the Google Document via this link.