These are straight from the Barna Group and I claim no authorship to these themes. You can find the entire article at http://www.barna.org/culture-articles/462-six-megathemes-emerge-from-201
- The Christian Church is becoming less theologically literate.
- Christians are becoming more ingrown and less outreach-oriented
- Growing numbers of people are less interested in spiritual principles and more desirous of learning pragmatic solutions for life.
- Among Christians, interest in participating in community action is escalating.
- The postmodern insistence on tolerance is winning over the Christian Church
- The influence of Christianity on culture and individual lives is largely invisible.
In my experience, these are right on, except for one of them. What do you find to be the case in your community?
- Barna Group provides a troubling view into the religious environment of the United States. (lifeondoverbeach.wordpress.com)
- 6 Megatrends impacting the church today (westernthm.wordpress.com)