Day 3 of Annual Conference went well. Here are some of the highlights:
- We took the 5 finger vote in response to the Great Plan for the Great Plains, in which we are considering the possibility of one annual conference across the states of Kansas and Nebraska
- We passed resolutions to close seven United Methodist Churches. This is never easy, but it is necessary.
- The Harry Denman Evangelism Award was awarded to three recipients.
- The Bridges to the Future capital campaign which was undertaken
- Sharing a meal with Jeff and Amy to talk about life and parenting, as they are a month away from a new member of their family.
- Completed election of our general and jurisdictional conference delegation. Laity seem to beat the clergy every year and this is no exception.
Life is good as part of the Kansas West Annual Conference.
- Kansas West Annual Conference – Clergy Session #kswumc (andrewconard.com)
- Kansas West Annual Conference – Day 1 #ksw2011 (andrewconard.com)
- Kansas West Annual Conference – Day 2 #ksw2011 (andrewconard.com)